Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

What Inspires You?


So my dear Quirksters, I have recently acquired a little book called, "Show Your Work!" by Austin Kleon,  www.austinkleon.com. You can check out his other stuff on his site. But the basic idea behind this particular book is to share what inspires you.

Wonderful artwork inspires me to try my hand at different mediums or create a new character.





So here is a short list of some inspiring artists and how you can get your hands on their stuff, and maybe they'll spark something in  YOUR head too. You're welcome.

1. http://www.bkartonline.com
This guy can turn a phrase and draw the most outrageous steampunk illustrations. Yessssss. Very inspiring. 

Walking your Octopus: A guidebook to the Domesticated Cephalopod by Brian Kensinger



2. Gris Grimly. The most amazing creative genius.
Check out some of his characters.
Enter his website at your own risk;) https://www.madcreator.com/









3. Edward Gorey. Brilliant writer and lovely line drawings.
FYI: His writing and humor are very dark, but if you're up for it? Quite delightful:)

So these are a few of my favorite things...they get the old creative spices spicing, and juices juicing. There are so many more artists, writers, musicians, poets, entrepreneurs, that serve to inspire others, but I thought I'd whet your appetite and begin the sharing. Won't you share with the rest of us too?
What (who, where, when) inspires you?
Talk soon my quirky friends,
xoxo robyn


No comments:

Post a Comment