Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

it's not the end:)

I'm pretty sure the whole world is thinking about the end of 2014... maybe it's with relish, "phew, that year's finally over, it really STUNK!"or maybe it's with a bit of a "meh" there was good, there was not so good, but I'm looking forward to that fresh start. Maybe, just maybe, this was the year of success, change, motivation and exciting journeys, maybe all of the good that happened FAR outweighs any inconvenience, sadness or depression.

As with every year, there are always ups and downs, (understatement, I know) some of those downs can be overwhelmingly life changing and so challenging that we don't know how to maneuver to the "up". But I want to go back to my roots when I think of being down and getting stuck there, my mom always told me to "do something for someone else". No, I have not had a lot of personal experience with extreme struggles, trials and tragedy, but my mom has! and frankly she truly walks the walk and talks the talk of how to crawl out of those dark places in life. (shameless plug here). She recently finished a book called, "He Leadeth Me", by Charlotte Halsell Bradshaw (you can find it on Amazon, wink, wink). This little book chronicles how God has led her through some mighty fine times, but also how His voice guided her through some trials that would make the strongest soul crumble if they didn't have the Creator of the Universe talking them through it.

My point here is, and as usual I DO have one, we have 365 days within a year. But who says that December 31, 2014 at 12 midnight has to denote "the end". Yes, it is the actual end of 2014, (thank you to any doubters out there about my "point"), but it is NOT the end of trying, striving and attempting to make a difference. We definitely have to start with ourselves and what daily attitude we will put on, but if our circumstances are less than stellar, sometimes the circumstances may win. So what do we do? Choose our attitude, choose to step outside of our circumstances, choose to see the glass half full, choose to forget about ourselves for awhile and do something for someone else. There are 8,760 hours in a year and they can begin at any point, there really is only one "end". So until that day comes? Maybe you can make some conscious choices to move forward, it may be inch by inch, but
 you'll get where you want to go eventually. Because it's really not the end.

Let's continue this conversation in the next several days with some practical "how-to's"
Hope all is well with you my quirksters
Talk to y'all soon
xoxo
r

No comments:

Post a Comment